• Crooked Creek Civil War Battle site along the Forrest/Streight Trail
• The museum, which is housed in an old log cabin, features displays ofnumerous authentic Civil War memorabilia
• Hotbed of paranormal activity according to several paranormalresearch teams
516 Co. Rd. 1127, South Vinemont, AL 35179.
Open seven days a week, 9 am-5 pm. Admission.
Cullman County Museum
• Over two centuries of local history resides in this replica home of the city founder, Colonel Cullman
• Includes an Archaeological Room with Native American artifacts, and turn-of-the-century woodworking equipment in the Primitive Room
• Civil War exhibit featuring relics from the area skirmishes between Confederate General Forrest and Union Colonel Streight
211 2nd Ave NE, Cullman, AL 35055.
Open Monday – Friday 8 am-4 pm and Sunday 1:30-4:30 pm.
Evelyn Burrow Museum at Wallace State Community College
• Houses a $9.5 million collection, including more than 5,000 pieces from around the world
• Offers rotating exhibits from all around the region and states
• Object d’art in the Museum date as far back as the 1600s – other pieces so rare they are priceless
801 Main St. NW, Hanceville, AL 35077.
Closed Mondays, Open Tuesday – Friday 9 am-5pm, Saturday 10 am-2 pm.