Nature & Parks
Garden City River Park
• Located along the Mulberry Fork of the Black Warrior River
• Walking trail with beautiful scenery
• Features a pavilion and canoe launch
Garden City, AL 35070
Open year round
• 70-acre complex offers five lighted championship softball fields with underground dugouts and phones, soccer fields, picnic pavilions, multipurpose fields, outdoor basketball courts, and children’s playground
• 1.5 mile lighted paved fitness trail and water play area
• 18-hole Frisbee golf course and dog park
1705 Lee Ave. SW, Cullman, AL 35055
256-739-9931 or 256-734-9157
Hurricane Creek Park
• Hiking trails, a crystal clear creek, seasonal waterfalls, hanging cliffs, picnic area, rock climbing, and more
• North Alabama Birding Trail (Site #32) and features songbirds throughout the year
• The hike takes you from the top of the cliffs to the valley below
22600 US Hwy. 31 N, Vinemont, AL 35179.
Free Admission. Open year round. Friday noon-5 pm; Saturday & Sunday
9 am-5 pm; closed Monday-Thursday
Smith Lake impounds approximately 21,000 acres with over 500-miles of shore, primarily in Cullman and Winston counties. It is a deep, clear lake with dozens of different feeder streams, winding bays, and sloughs.
Steep bluffs cradle much of the lake, with water depths dropping as deep as 60 or 70 feet just a few yards offshore. Access to the lake is easy from Cullman at I-65 exits 299 and 304.
Activities on the Lake include:
• Fishing for Striped, Spotted, White and Largemouth Bass, Crappie, Bream, Channel Catfish, Flathead Catfish, and Rainbow Trout
• Boating, Tubing, Paddle boarding, Skiing, Jet-skiing, relaxing on the lake.
For a free Smith Lake Book, contact the Cullman Area Chamber of Commerce at 256-734-0454.
Smith Lake Park
• Access Smith Lake for sport fishing, skiing and boating via the park’s
free boat launch
• Features a swimming pool (in season), mini-golf, picnic areas, pavilions.
• 250 RV sites, tent camping, and cabins for rent
• Yearly Memorial Day Celebration; 4th of July Fireworks Show; Labor
Day Events; Sweet Tater Festival
416 Co. Rd. 385, Cullman, AL 35057
Open year round
Sportsman Lake Park
• Small-scale train which travels along the shore of the lake
• The park features a playground, a splash pad, miniature golf, pedal boats, mountain biking and walking trails, picnic area, pavilions, fishing, 12 campsites with bathhouse, 1.5 mile paved walking trail and a dog park
1544 Sportsman Lake Rd. NW, Cullman, AL 35055
Open daylight hours, 7 days a week. Free admission
Veterans Memorial Park
• Located next to the entrance to Sportsman Lake Park, this place contains a Vietnam War memorial hall with the name of Alabama soldiers in remembrance
• Open year round for visitors. Hosts veterans’ events on Memorial Day and Veterans Day
• Includes monuments from WWI and WWII, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, and Operation Iraqi Freedom with names of men and women from Cullman County who gave their lives in those wars
1544 Sportsman Lake Road Cullman, AL 35055